Arming Symantec’s back up heroes with V-Ray powers
Christmas is fast approaching, we’ve issued an exclusive invitation to our global community of channel partners to help shape Symantec’s new back-up and recovery solution – Backup Exec 2012. - by trialling the partner-only beta release.
The opportunity to trial the partner- only beta release opened this week, with the hope that our channel partners will embrace the chance to test drive the new product and encourage them to provide honest, independent, invaluable feedback. This in turn will assist in the development of the final product, a version of which is being designed specifically with small businesses in mind.
The mainstream use of virtualisation along with the “data explosion” and 24/7 business model has created a significant back up challenge for all IT organisations, big and small.
Backup Exec 2012’s goal is to simplify enterprise back-up and recovery processes through a single solution that unifies virtual and physical infrastructures – while offering a choice of on premise software, appliance or cloud delivery models that best fits each organisation’s needs.
The fragmentation of back up into different solutions and delivery models has created the greatest risk to protecting businesses of any size from potentially crippling data losses. A new approach is needed to ensure recoverability, cut down on complexity and reduce management costs.
Benefits of Backup Exec 2012:
- Unite Virtual and Physical: Powered by Symantec V-Ray technology, Backup Exec 2012 enables visibility across both virtual and physical environments for fast and efficient backup and recovery while eliminating the need for specialised point products.
- Eliminate Backup Complexity with a New Administration Console: A newly redesigned administration console will provide users with fast, concise management and monitoring capabilities.
- Integrated Disaster Recovery: With bare-metal disaster recovery and Backup Exec’s “no hardware DR” built in, organizations will be able to easily recover a failed system to a physical server, or to a Hyper-V or VMware guest.
- Capacity Licensing: New capacity licensing model for Managed Service Providers (MSPs), mid-sized and lower enterprise organizations will provide easier purchasing and maintenance by capacity as an alternative to existing a la carte pricing.
- Small Business Edition: In less than 10 minutes and with just three simple steps, Backup Exec 2012 Small Business Edition will install and configure backups so small businesses with limited IT experience can protect their data with ease. The new Backup Exec Small Business Edition will bundle Symantec’s data and system recovery technology into one affordable solution with a single license that’s designed specifically for a growing business.
The new versions will be generally available to the public for purchase in the first half of calendar 2012 through our worldwide network of value-added authorized resellers, distributors and systems integrators or directly. Registration for the partner-only beta release is available here.